Frequently Asked Questions
Does Teachers For Tomorrow require me to work a certain number of days or hours?
- When you submit your information we will document your availability, and preferred days and times of work. Teachers For Tomorrow is flexible and can work with your schedule; there is no set number of days or hours you are required to work.
What Qualifications do I need to work with Teachers For Tomorrow?
- Teachers For Tomorrow follows the MN State, Rule 3 Licensing requirements for all positions we place. Minimum requirements as stated below.
- Teacher: Must be at least 18 and meet one of 9 possible combined credential, education and experience requirements, an example is of one of the 9 options is: a high school diploma with 4,160 hours experience as an assistant teacher and 24 quarter credits in a child are related field.
- Assistant Teacher: Must work under the supervision of a teacher, must be at least 18, and meet one of the 9 possible combined credential, education and experience requirements, an example of one of the 9 options is: a high school diploma with 2,080 hours experience as an aide or intern and 12 quarter credits.
- Aide: Carried out the child care program activities under the supervision of a teacher or assistant teacher. Must be at least 15; if under 18 must be directly supervised by a teacher or assistant teacher at all times except with sleeping children or assisting with toileting and diapering.
What Schools will I be working in?
- Teachers for Tomorrow works with Early Childhood Preschools, Montessori schools, religious based centers and charter schools throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area.
Do I sign a contract with Teachers For Tomorrow?
- When you become an employee with Teachers For Tomorrow, you are still free to substitute for schools, centers and preschools not serviced by Teachers For Tomorrow.
How do I get paid through Teachers For Tomorrow?
- Immediately upon accepting employment, the new employee will be given federal and state tax forms.
- All employees are paid every two weeks on Friday and it will be directly deposited into their account. Each paycheck will include earnings for all work performed through the end of the previous payroll period. Your pay stub will be e-mailed to you each pay period unless it is previously discussed with the management team.